Features of Spanco T-Series Gantry Cranes
- Superior Stability: Engineered design leaves I-beam free to pivot as it self-centers over the load. The “true A-frame” design helps to maintain greater stability, virtually eliminating the swaying motion common to other 3-way adjustable gantry designs. Main legs, brace legs, and caster frames are made of heavy-gauge, square tubing with zinc-plated hardware.
- Adjustable Span: Exclusive Spanloc™ design securely holds the I-beam during adjustments and when set.
- Cantilever Options: Deliver materials through end of gantry; cantilever up to 25 percent of the rated capacity (4-foot max.) using a counterweight.
- Adjustable Height: Adjust in 6-inch intervals using push/pull pins on main legs.
- Adjustable Tread: A cable assembly is bolted inside the caster frame tubes to prevent overspreading.
- Heavy-Duty Casters: Four position, swivel-lock casters with moldon polyurethane wheels protect floors from damage.
Spanco is proud to serve customers in various industries, such as Space Exploration Technologies or SpaceX. SpaceX designs rockets and spacecraft and manufactures over half of its vehicles in-house. Their facility contains several work areas, including fabrication, machining, construction, and assembly cells.
Workers at the facility needed a material handling solution to move heavy loads throughout their facility with increased accuracy and precision. That solution came in the form of a two-ton Spanco T-Series Gantry Crane. The T-Series Gantry Crane also provides greater adjustability to meet the rapidly changing size requirements within the SpaceX facility.
Investing in a T-Series Gantry Crane allows SpaceX to improve production time and processing. By implementing the T-Series Gantry Crane, SpaceX could combine flexibility and precision while maintaining lift and cost-efficiency.